Game Design by Chad Irby and Steve Jackson
Illustrated by Dan Carroll, C. Bradford Gorby, Denis Loubet, and Kim Strombo
Cover art by John Dismukes
103 die-cut counters, 64-page rulebook, 8.5" × 5.5" record sheet, four dice, a two-sided map, and a turning key.
Suggested Retail Price $19.95 Stock number 1400 UPC 837654320044
He triggered the rear guns once more. A direct hit! The blue car skidded as the driver lost control – then flipped and caught fire.
That would teach him not to tailgate . . .
Car Wars is the game of the freeways of the future, where the right of way goes to the biggest guns. Players build vehicles complete with weapons, armor, power plants, and more. Then they take them out on the desolate roads, or maybe the brightly lit arenas, to come home as "aces," or to crash and burn. The winners earn fame and cash to upgrade their rides. The losers are left in the dust.
Playing time 30 minutes and up, for players 10 and older. Any number can play . . . games with 2 to 8 are best.
Game components include:
- 103 full-color die-cut game counters, storage bag, and Turning Key.
- 64-page rulebook, plus extra tables and record sheets.
- 2-sided game map, with autoduel arena and raceway.
- Four 6-sided dice.
Car Wars: winner of the Origins Award for Best Science Fiction Game of the Year.
Over 1.5 million Car Wars games and adventures sold!
- Talk about Car Wars on the official forums!
- Download the rule book.
- Get the digital version of the previous printing!
- Check out the latest errata of the rules.
- Just looking for the counters? Pick up a spare set!
- Want even more counters? These and more are part of Expansion Set 2.